Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | Have you read the spring issue of Sleep Retailer yet? In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build Your Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- Ben Stein is set to address the CEO summit in Las Vegas this summer. Details here from HFN.
- Change might be coming for Bed, Bath and Beyond. Check out the plan activists have detailed for the company (from CNBC).
- In this list, Forbes rounded up some top outdoor dog beds on the market. Do you have any of these in your store?
- Malouf recently launched a series of technical support videos for its adjustable bed bases. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- In this post from Entrepreneur, the author writes about a huge retail faux-pas—too many promotions. Read it to learn how to run more targeted promotions that will benefit your brand.
- Learn more about a new brand, Coddle—a company focusing on furniture and sleep products with an eye for functionality particularly in small dwellings—in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- According to the NY Post, Mark Zuckerberg made a glowing box light to help his wife sleep (and it's news).
- Walmart recently opened an intelligent retail lab "store of the future." Learn more about what that space looks like in this article from Business Insider.
- Ergomotion recently promoted two executives to new operations and customer service roles. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Lidl is selling biodegradable children's bedding. Learn more in this story from House Beautiful.
- Las Vegas Market opened up submissions for its First Look Program. Learn more in this update from Furniture Today.
- IMC has announced its Atlanta and Las Vegas market dates through 2023. Get the details from Home World Business.
- Bloomberg recently wrote about how and why retailers are tracking where consumers shop AND sleep. Is this a data-collection practice you use? This article might help understand if this makes consumers distrust retailers and what value it gives businesses.
- Fast Company wrote about the rising cost of a good night's sleep.
- Avocado debuted a vegan mattress line. Read more in this article from VegNews.
- Posh+Lavish recently introduced split head queen and king-sized mattresses. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Do this today to sleep well tonight: NPR's tips for better rest.
- Healthline recently published this guide for picking the right mattress.
- Well + Good has some useful information about how much people need to move each day to get a good night's sleep.
- Forbes has a guide for how to design a bedroom that is optimized for healthy sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.