Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Nationwide Marketing Group is partnering with O'Rourke Sales company to help supply retailers with the PPE they need right now. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- USA Today predicts a massive number of retail closures by 2025—sped up by COVID-19.
- Haverty's is gearing up for store re-openings. We've got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- The Real Deal has an update on retail rents and landlord tenant relations in the retail realm for the month of April.
- IMC will conduct a buyer survey to gauge the current state of the industry. Read the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Furniture Today's David Perry thinks that retailers are missing an opportunity by not addressing the sleeplessness epidemic within the pandemic.
- STORIS is introducing new and enhanced special order processing. Get the details at Sleepretailer.com
- The Star Tribune reported on Sleep Number's numbers amidst the pandemic.
- Aireloom is making medical beds and designing face masks—which are pretty chic if we do say so ourselves! | Sleep Retailer
- According to the Motley Fool, Casper is not immune to pandemic woes, its CFO/COO has left the building plus the company has had to lay off 21% of its employees.
- Forbes is wondering how Hastens is selling very expensive beds and making it look easy.
- Southerland has delivered 1,000 medical grade beds to Tennessee. Get the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Business of Home rounded up new hires at Wayfair, Casper and more in its "Comings & Goings" vertical.
- Motley Fool wonders if Bed, Bath and Beyond is the stock to buy.
- The American Mattress Alliance shared statements regarding anti-dumping from both retailers and the Department of Justice. Read the full article at Sleepretailer.com.
- The NRF has safety guidelines and resources for retailers looking to reopen.
- PureCare has put its new facilities to good use with the development of a clean cover hospital pillow collection. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Having trouble sleeping? According to The Cut, you're not alone.
- New ISPA research shows that Americans are struggling with increased stress and insomnia right now. Read the details from Sleep Retailer
- This story from Inc. says that sleep improves productivity.
- Architectural Digest contemplates the pros and cons of a made bed.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.