Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Check out the Spring 2018 issue of Sleep Retailer. Last week's eNews includes some highlights from the issue.
- Something is going down with Bed Bath & Beyond. Multiple news outlets have covered the retailer's tanking stock value this week. So, here is our BB&B news roundup: we've got the coverage from the Motley Fool, editorial from Quartz, CNN Money's perspective on the story and Bloomberg's take on the retailer's predicted demise.
- Bivona expands its ED Ellen Degeneres Baby Lifestyle Collection. Sleep Retailer has the story.
- A high-end bedding brand is helping to save the ocean with a new initiative. The story is here from Editor at Large by Business of Home.
- Retailer Web Services launches a new notification feature that allows sales associates to communicate with online shoppers and personalize their experience. It is even driving online traffic into stores. Read Sleep Retailer's coverage.
- Direct-to-consumer mattress brand, SleepChoices, gives back by holding a grand opening with auction to benefit Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Read about the act of local philanthropy from Coral Springs Talk.
- Have you visited the new Sleep Retailer Brand Studio? Our Brand Studio showcases numerous branded videos in one place.
- Sleepscore Labs acquires Sleepai as sleep technology becomes a larger part of the industry. Read the story from Mobi Health News.
- A local mattress business is benefitting from a Tom Hanks movie. Find out how in the following article from WBRZ.
- Eclipse International launches a new and streamlined site, showcasing the brand's rich history with new video content. Read all about it in this piece from Sleep Retailer.
- The Guardian talks about how the sleep industry became a billion dollar business. Read their full hypothesis here.
- Furniture Today discusses why retailers are out of sync with the market. Read Furniture Today and Restonic's collaborative research study on how and why retailers are behind on digital issues here.
- BEDGEAR's Boston pop-up shop debuts personalized sleep technology from the performance lifestyle brand. Read more about it from Sleep Retailer.
- The Economist's blog explores the plan to bring beds on planes.
- Business Insider uses a Mattress Firm store to demonstrate why mattress retail isn't always so appealing to consumers. Read BI's interesting insights in this story.
- King Koil will host a charity event at Furniture Today's Bedding Conference. Story from Furniture Today.
- Beautyrest is sponsoring upcoming performances of Max Richter's SLEEP in New York City! Learn more about this next stage of the musical experience from Sleep Retailer.
- Real Simple debuts the Real Sleep Mattress. Coverage from Furniture Today.
- Brooklyn Bedding honors veteran consumers with a new discount program. Sleep Retailer has the full story.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Check out this stretch that could help you get to sleep, story from Express UK.
- SleepCycle released new survey information showing that women may suffer more from a lack of sleep than men do. Sleep Retailer has the details.
- Vox explains why black Americans get less sleep than white Americans and why it's a problem in this piece.
- Night owls may die sooner, ouch. Life Science unpacks the recent study in this piece.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.