Beautyrest launched its Harmony mattress line in partnership with SEAQUAL a little over a year ago to help promote cleaner oceans. Since then, it’s become the top-selling line within the Beautyrest portfolio (by unit count), converting more than 3.8 million plastic bottles from the ocean into luxury fabric in 2020. The brand expects to recover and use over 23 million more bottles from the ocean across the collection in 2021.
61% of mattress consumers agree that one of most important things for them is how environmentally friendly a product is*, and these environmental concerns are especially important to Gen Z and Millennials. Beautyrest’s partnership with SEAQUAL, the leader in ocean plastic recycling efforts, uses innovative technology to capture ocean plastics and transform them into luxurious new fabric. Each Beautyrest Harmony queen-sized mattress is made with the equivalent of up to 25 plastic bottles while each Beautyrest Harmony Lux queen-sized mattress is made with the equivalent of 50 plastic bottles.
“In 2020, Beautyrest launched the Harmony collection in partnership with SEAQUAL knowing that protecting the environment was important to our customers,” said Jessica Goldberg, senior brand manager for Beautyrest. “A year later, we’re thrilled that it’s not only had a positive impact on sales, but also on our environment. Our Harmony and Harmony Lux products have recovered millions of plastic bottles out of our oceans.”
Harmony Lux product benefits include:
- Precision Support System powered by T2 Pocketed Coil Technology
- Beautyrest’s Precision Support System delivers extra support where your body needs it most. Patented T2 Pocketed Coil Technology, an exclusive dual-strand coil design invented by Beautyrest, is located within the center of the mattress to provide additional support.
- RightTemp Wave Foam
- RightTemp Wave Foam features ultra-strong, highly conductive carbon fibers for a consistently supportive feel and cool sleep, night after night.
- InfiniCool Lux
- InfiniCool Lux provides a cool sleep environment, including a cool-to-the-touch sleep surface to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Harmony product benefits include:
- Targeted support powered by T1 Pocketed Coil Technology
- Beautyrest’s best-in-class support system is powered by a unique and patented coil that has over 50% more steel in the center of the mattress to provide additional support under heavier compression.
- Upgraded comfort and cooling
- TENCEL is a natural, eco-friendly cooling fabric that makes each Harmony mattress cool to the touch.
- Some Harmony mattresses feature a full layer of premium memory foam with charcoal and GelTouch HD foams for ultimate comfort.
*According to Sustainability Insights 6Mar2021