As excitement swells for Summer 2012 Las Vegas Market, World Market Center Las Vegas, the leading market for the bedding industry, today announced an impressive line-up of new and existing bedding tenants. Further solidifying its position as the international hub for the bedding industry, attendees will be introduced to the newest in sleep and bedding innovations and design.
“World Market Center Las Vegas continues to be the preferred Market of choice for the bedding industry—both national and internationally,” said Craig Staack, vice president of leasing—home furnishing for International Market Centers, the parent company of World Market Center Las Vegas. “It’s undeniable that the mattress industry looks to us as the leading platform for introducing their latest lines, designs, technologies, and product specialties.”
Brands expanding their showrooms at WMCLV include Sealy, Pure Latex Bliss, Bedgear by Guardmaster, GBS, Corsicana and Sleep Inc. Sealy, one of the largest bedding brands in the world, is expanding the amount of space in its showroom by 40 percent. Pure Latex Bliss, a bedding manufacturer of mattresses, toppers and pillows, is expanding its showroom space by 35 percent. Bedgear by Guardmaster, manufacturer of performance bedding products, is doubling its space and GBS a distributor of pillow and mattress protection products is tripling its showroom.
New-to-market bedding tenants include:
- Carolina Mattress Guild is a dominant bedding manufacturer based in North Carolina, and is known for their comprehensive line of bedding and bedding accessories, including pillows, pillowcases, innerspring, foam, memory foam, and latex core beds. In 2009, its popular and eco-friendly Nature’s Image and National Living lines were launched, providing beds with healthy natural ingredients including natural bamboo, organic cotton, wooly, silk, hybrid soy foams, and natural rubber latex.
- TechnoGel is a producer and manufacturer of its own brand of high-end mattresses and pillows sold all over the world under its “Sleeping” line. Once used as a special “gel” to produce small batches of anti-decubitus cushions for long-stay hospital patients, the product was later used to design an anti-decubitus cushion with special geometric features that maximized the gel elasto-mechanical properties. Several years later, TechnoGel Sleeping was born.
- Savvy Rest is at the forefront of the growing natural mattress industry. The company’s products were developed in response to mounting concerns about the toxic chemicals used in most conventional mattresses. Savvy Rest Organic Mattresses are made of natural latex rubber, certified organic wool and certified organic cotton. The bedding line includes organic mattress toppers, sheets, mattress pads, and pillows.
- Protect-A-Bed is a worldwide leader in mattress protection innovation, offering a complete line of protective bedding products. Its products help create a dry, hygienic, bed bug free and anti-allergy sleep zone while protecting the mattress warranty. The company developed the proprietary Miracle Membrane® and patented BugLock® with SecureSeal® and three-side zipper system. Protect-A-Bed® products are listed as Class 1 Medical Devices with the Food and Drug Administration and have received the Good Housekeeping Seal.
- Canadian mattress maker Spring Air Sommex will bring its Obusforme brand to the U.S. market for the first time in a 4,200-square-foot showroom. In addition to Obusforme, the showroom will also feature the company’s recently acquired Natura World and NexGel brands as well as an assortment of accessories including pillows, protectors, and top of bed. A total of between 25 and 30 mattresses from all three brands will be shown.
Las Vegas Market will also present original programming for bedding retailers looking to stay competitive in today’s marketplace. On Monday, July 30 at 2pm “Love at First Blush: How Well Is the Bedding Industry Connecting with Female Customers?” will be presented. The International Sleep Products (ISPA) President Ryan Trainer will present “Sustainability and Recycling and the Future of the Mattress Industry” at 3:00 PM. ISPA is working with mattress manufacturers and retailers to create a national system that will support the responsible recycling of used mattresses. In this session, industry members will learn how to support ISPA’s efforts to protect the industry form these potentially damaging costs and to develop an alternative to the state legislation.
Also on Tuesday, July 31 at 5 pm, a launch part for industry non-profit World Bed will be held. The party will launch “Project Beds for America” and debut its newly designed Shelter Bed and donate up to 2,000 of these mattresses to homeless shelters across Las Vegas.
For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.
About World Market Center Las Vegas: World Market Center Las Vegas is an integrated home and hospitality contract furnishings showroom and trade complex. The campus showcases furniture, decorative accessories, gift, lighting, area rugs, home textiles and related segments, as well as the Las Vegas Design Center open daily to consumers and designers.