Online mattress retailer, US-Mattress, conducted a sleep study that reveals cell phone habits influence a good night’s sleep. US-Mattress President Joe Nashif made the announcement.
“Our data uncovers that people who are not using a cell phone before bed have a significantly higher probability of getting a good night’s sleep,” said Dongna Wang, chief researcher at US-Mattress. “As we live in a fast-paced world that seems to never unplug, it’s important for people to understand how essential a good night’s sleep is for their overall health and performance, and how cell phones are playing a major role in sleep deprivation.”
The study surveyed more than 300 adults across the United States revealed that people from urban areas are more likely to use their phones in bed at night than people from suburban or rural areas. About 80 percent of 18-year-olds to 34-year-olds are likely to use their cell phone in bed before going to sleep. Other key findings from survey respondents include:
- 64 percent said they never turn off their cell phones when they sleep
- 24 percent leave it on the do not disturb mode
- 58 percent use their cell phones as their alarm clock
- 52 percent don’t check notifications or answer messages at night
- 30 percent sometimes check notifications or answer messages
- 18 percent always check notifications or answer messages
- People who don’t check notifications or answer messages at night have a significantly higher chance of getting a great or good night’s sleep.
For more information, please visit US-Mattress.com.
About US-Mattress: US-Mattress was the first online mattress retailer with the largest selection of name brand mattress sets. Founded in 2001, the company recently opened five new stores throughout southeast Michigan to offer customers an unmatched in-store experience. In each showroom and online, a 10-point Comfort Scale® rating system displays its mattresses from firmest to softest—a system that was established to help solve the problem people often face of finding the right mattress. From traditional springs to memory foam, US-Mattress only carries the most trusted brands, including Beautyrest, Sealy, Serta, Stearns & Foster, Spring Air, Tempur-Pedic, Aireloom and ViSpring.