Support, registrations and excitement continue to grow for City of Hope’s 30th Annual West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament in the final three-week stretch before the year’s largest furniture industry event on the west coast. The event will raise awareness and support for innovative cancer research and treatment at City of Hope, one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the United States and a leading research center for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses.
This year’s West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament is set for Monday, June 13 in Coto de Caza, Calif., and is on track to being one of the top fundraising events in its history, even as it was challenged with a shorter-than-usual fundraising window after the 2021 event was postponed to December 2021 due to the pandemic.
Rick Powell, who has led the event committee since the 1990s, noted that Roy Hester, senior vice president and managing director of Planned Furniture Promotions (PFP), and his team have worked tirelessly and creatively to drive support. Hester will receive the 2022 International Home Furnishings Industry Lifetime Achievement award.
“We are incredibly proud of this industry and the way it shows up for City of Hope. For those who are still considering it, we’d love to have you join us on June 13 for an event unlike any other, or by providing monetary support to a cause that truly changes lives every day,” Hester said.
PFP and City of Hope’s event committee thank all sponsors and supporters as they recognize top sponsors and special donations for the event:
• Champion Sponsor — Planned Furniture Promotions
• Platinum Sponsors — Ashjer LLC, Living Spaces, LS Direct
• Gold Sponsors — Bob’s Discount Furniture, International Market Centers, J.B. Hunt, Jerome’s Furniture, Molly’s Angels, New Classic Furniture, Parker House, Sit ‘n Sleep, Tempur Sealy
• Silver Sponsors — ACME, Dave Thompson Family, Furniture of America, Ortho Mattress, ServeCo, Naders Furniture, Progressive Leasing, Jonathan Louis International
• Copper Sponsors — AVB Brandsource, CIT, Coast to Coast, Fusion/Southern Motion, Hollywood Bed, Howard Miller Companies, Julie Campbell, King Koil, Lane Furniture, Leather Italia, Martin Furniture, Najarian Furniture Co., Scott Lerner, Leggett & Platt, Warehouse”M” Associates, Fairmont Designs
• Putting Contest Sponsors — Bassett San Diego
• Lunch Sponsors — AICO, Ergomotion
• Golf Cart Sponsors — Irene Crowell, American Business Bank, and Lawrance Furniture, Morgan Fabrics
• Crepe Station Sponsor — Crown Mark
• Beverage Cart Sponsors — Cymax Group Technologies, Martin Ploy, Southerland Sleep, TD Bank, Rosenthal & Rosenthal
• Tee/Green Sponsors — A-America, Ashley Furniture (Kurt Haines), Bashian Rug, Charmaine Chumbley, Eric Foucrier & Associates Inc., Gigacloudtech.com, Greenwave Finance, IHFRA-International Home Furnishings Reps, Kaufman Advertising, Michael and Chris Gennet, Ryan Mahoney, Napa Furniture, Bobby,Vanessa and Nico Papazian, Progressive Furniture Company, PureCare, Noel and Toni Reid, Ron Radin, Ryan Mahoney, Scott and Jeff Brummett, Shoptelligence, Sunbelt Express, Terry Meece, The Esses Law Group, The Monday Company, TrueCommerce-ecUtopia
To learn more about the West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament and to register online, visit cityofhope.org.
About Planned Furniture Promotions: Planned Furniture Promotions Inc. (PFP) is a well-known and respected high-impact sales event company. PFP has assisted many thousands of clients with retirement sales, store closing events, moving sales and similar. Established in 1962, PFP is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2022.
About the West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament: The West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament is one of two flagship events hosted by the International Home Furnishings Industry Group in support of City of Hope’s fight against cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Formed in 1965 by a group of dedicated industry and community leaders, the International Home Furnishings Industry group is one of City of Hope’s oldest and most successful industry-based chapters, raising nearly $100 million to advance leading-edge research and treatment innovation for the benefit of patients and families everywhere.
About City of Hope: City of Hope’s mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. As an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. Research and technology developed at City of Hope has been the basis for numerous breakthrough cancer medicines, as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. A leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy, such as CAR T cell therapy, City of Hope’s personalized treatment protocols help advance cancer care throughout the world. With a goal of expanding access to the latest discoveries and leading-edge care to more patients, families and communities, City of Hope’s growing national system includes its main Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, scheduled to open in 2022, and Cancer Treatment Centers of America. City of Hope’s affiliated family of organizations includes Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHope.