ISPA EXPO 2012, the world’s largest tradeshow dedicated exclusively to the mattress industry, is quickly approaching. Scheduled for March 14-17, 2012, in Indianapolis, Indiana, exhibitors from around the world will showcase the latest innovations in equipment, components and services for the mattress industry.
This year’s event is shaping up to be one of the biggest ISPA EXPOs ever, with almost 108,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space, and more than 50 new exhibitors. New this year, ISPA EXPO will have more networking opportunities and sessions specifically designed for its global community, and will be actively using social and digital media to promote activities and keep attendees informed and engaged.
“We are thrilled to be back in Indianapolis,” noted Ryan Trainer, ISPA President. “ISPA EXPO is a fantastic and cost-effective ‘one-stop-shop’ for our industry. We had a terrific EXPO when we were in Indianapolis in 2004, and we expect another really good show in 2012. This EXPO will feature many new, cutting-edge opportunities for bedding professionals from around the world to communicate with each other.”
“As always, we want to continue to improve the ISPA EXPO experience for both our attendees and exhibitors and this year is no exception," noted ISPA Chair Gerry Borreggine. "For the first time ever, we’ll offer a video ‘digital wall’ where attendees can see real-time tweets, photos and Facebook updates. In this world of social media, it’s important to offer fun, useful and exciting ways to keep our industry abreast of what’s going on. We are a global industry, connected increasingly by social media that enables the seamless transfer of information.”
ISPA is also offering a strong slate of educational sessions that address important industry topics, including:
• An analysis of sales trends in the U.S. and foreign mattress markets since the recession
• An update on the Better Sleep Council’s media and consumer messaging plans
• Insights on how companies can leverage the business benchmarking surveys that ISPA publishes to improve their bottom line
• A media expert’s perspective on “What Motivates Women to Buy”
• A BSC panel discussion on the importance of selling sleep
• Insights on exporting U.S.-made mattresses to China and other countries
• A report on the future of used mattress recycling and ISPA’s efforts to encourage this process
To access ISPA’s complete schedule of events, click here.
ISPA is hosting several events for attendees to socialize and network. These include:
• A pre-show reception for our non-U.S. attendees
• An educational networking breakfast for women in the industry
• An “Olympic-Themed” Welcome Reception where industry favorites, the Insomniaczzz, will once again return to the stage to rock the crowd
• An Industry Breakfast, where keynote speaker Alan Hobson, Mt. Everest climber, world adventurer, best-selling author and cancer survivor will inspire the audience, sharing practical steps on how to manage the unexpected, turn obstacles into opportunities and focus on excellence in execution
About the International Sleep Products Association: Established in 1915, ISPA is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the growth, profitability and stature of the mattress industry. As the industry’s trade organization, ISPA represents over 600 mattress manufacturers and suppliers throughout the world.