A full slate of educational programming and networking opportunities are on tap at The Point for the spring 2022 High Point Market, including roundtables, mixers, lunch service, and more.
A popular pop-up structure, the High Point Market Authority has been offering a variety of guest services in the space since its debut in 2018. Its convenient location on Commerce Ave, between S. Main and Wrenn streets one block over from the Transportation Terminal, makes it an easily-accessible information and programming hub.
The Point opens on the morning of Friday, April 1, and the programming is open to all Market attendees. Hours are 8am to 5 pm on Friday, April 1, and Wednesday, April 6, and 8 am to 8 pm each day in between, Saturday through Tuesday. During the hours of operation, a team of Market Advisors will be on hand to offer one-on-one consultations to attendees in need of information or support. Market-goers are encouraged to drop in throughout Market for specific events or to utilize the lounge area to regroup and recharge.
The schedule of events and programming changes daily. The most popular programming element to date, roundtables will be hosted daily at 10am and 2pm. Each 60-minute, interactive conversation will focus on an industry-relevant topic and be led by well-known experts.
- Scaling Yourself for Success featuring Keia McSwain, Andrea Monath Schumacher, and Erinn Valencich
- Products with Purpose – A Sustainable Shopping Journey at High Point Market featuring Pam Bailey, Kelli Ellis, Kelly Finley, Nancy Fire, and Lisa Kahn
- Capturing the Luxury Client featuring Barry Darr Dixon, Corey Damen Jenkins, Christopher Ramey, Andrea Monath Schumacher, and Michelle Workman
- The Future of the Practice of Interior Design in NC featuring Susan Carson and Emmy Knot Williams
- Weaving Smart Home Automation into Your Design Aesthetic featuring Christopher Kennedy, Lori Paranjape, Kaitlin Petersen, and DuVäl Reynolds
- Designers Dish High Point Market Edition featuring Erika Bonnell, Pamela Harvey, Christopher Patrick, and DuVäl Reynolds
- Coffee + Conversation with Jean Stoffer featuring Grace Start and Jean Stoffer
- The Emergence of Adaptive and Inclusive Design featuring Shelly Rosenberg
- Consumer Lifestyle Shifts Impacting the Home Textiles Market featuring Jaye Anna Mize
Returning programming includes the Parson’s Table Pop-Up, offering homemade lunch service from 11 am – 2 pm each day and the hashtag printer and photo wall, offering attendees the opportunity to take home with them a branded Market memory by posting to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #HPMKTmemory.
From Friday, April 2, to Monday, April 4, lunches will be offered to Market guests at no charge, compliments of Currey & Company, Hunter Douglas, Monogram, and Sherwin-Williams. During the Friday lunch service from 12pm – 1pm, Market attendees are invited to visit with the Business of Home editorial team and discuss their Designer’s Guide to High Point Market.
Evening offerings will include After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer and wine from local brewery, Brown Truck Brewery, Friday through Tuesday from 5 pm to 8 pm. Industry mixers will concurrently take place each evening Saturday through Monday with the American Society of Interior Designers Carolinas, Amber Engine, and the International Furnishings and Design Association.
The interior space for The Point was developed in collaboration with celebrated design firm Barbour Spangle Design Group. Product partners for lighting, furnishings, and decorative products at The Point include, but are not limited to, Creative Cables, Cyrstorama, Designmaster Furniture, Four Hands, Hudson Valley Lighting Group, Hunter Douglas, Kravet, Nuevo, Shaw Flooring, Zuo Modern, and Z-Woven Fabrics.
About the High Point Market Authority
The High Point Market Authority is the official sponsor and organizer of the High Point Market in High Point, N.C. Featuring an extensive selection of exhibitors spanning every category, style, and price point, and attracting tens of thousands of visitors from more than 100 countries twice each year, High Point Market is the driving force of the home furnishings industry. Find the High Point Market anywhere online, and follow on social media using the hashtag #hpmkt.