Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- BEDGEAR's CEO, Eugene Alletto recently received the 2018 Retail Innovator Award. Sleep Retailer has the full story.
- A big topic this week was the future of retail and how retailers are (and are not) innovating: the Business of Fashion shared an opinion piece claiming that retail has a problem with (lack of) innovation, Barron's expressed its optimism in the future of retail in this article chronicling a bold move from Walmart, Forbes explores the advent of mobile desktop stores in this article and FinancialExecutives.org describes a "new currency of omni-channel retail" characterizing today's consumer experience in this article.
- Is instagram the key to small retail success? Forbes explains how "speaking instagram" could give small businesses a leg up in this piece.
- After 37 years in the bedding and mattress industry, Mark Hobson steps down from his role as president of Colonial LLC. Read the full coverage from Sleep Retailer.
- A new boxed bed brand has cropped up in the UK, Furniture News got the story in this interview with the brand's founder.
- Max Richter's very long, entrancing music experience, SLEEP, debuted in New York this week. The New York Times wrote about it and so did Vogue in this piece.You can read about Beautyrest's role in the performance in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- ISPA reports that bedding units dropped by a significant percentage in Q1. Read the full story from Furniture Today.
- How do consumers really feel about brand getting political? Find out in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Another boxed bed start-up has emerged and this one has a cheeky name. Read the coverage from the Economic Times Indiana.
- Forbes explores retail's technical debt in this pertinent piece.
- Apparently, bunk beds are trending. The New York Times talks benefits and brands to consider in this list-y article - an interesting take from a consumer facing angle.
- Contemplating the sheer number of American mattress stores owned by the South African company, Bloomberg cleverly claims that Steinhoff's mattress is a bit overstuffed in this glib article.
- A new e-commerce brand offers sheets made with ultrasound technology. Learn about the benefits in the story from Home Textiles Today.
- ISPA's Better Sleep Council used its ongoing consumer research to develop a fascinating infographic to help RSAs better understand consumer trends based on age group. Sleep Retailer has the details.
- C&F Enterprises of Newport News teamed up with the SPCA to feature adoptable pets in its catalogues. Daily Press has the scoop.
- Nest Bedding has a store and has made updates to help make it continually more approachable for consumers. Read more about the brand's methods in this marketing story from Digiday.
- Chron Business talks rising retail rents and the resulting consequences for businesses in this article.
- E.S. Kluft expands its California factory to better support retail partner. We have the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Medical News Today talks about how alcohol effects your sleep here.
- Harvard researchers envision the future of food and sleep in this news piece.
- As the weather heats up, so does your sleep. Express UK provides these tips for sleeping better despite rising temperatures.
- Have a teen? US News delves deeper into the mysterious circadian rhythm of youth in this story.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.