Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Last week, we launched something new on our site (in addition to this little newsletter). Check out the new Sleep Retailer Brand Studio. Our Brand Studio showcases numerous brand videos in one place.
- Noise canceling ear plugs from QuietOn can help your customers block out their partner's snoring. Read the story from Forbes.
- Protect-a-Bed will showcase its Pillow Programs at the New York Home Fashions Market later in the month of March. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- Mattress Firm gains market share over Tempur-Sealy due to aggressive promotions, read the analysis from Benzinga.
- International Market Centers extended its partnership with Connections Housing through 2021. Home Accents Today covers the story.
- Steinreich Communications Group adds long time industry journalist, Larry Thomas, to their team as content manager. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Motley Fool Canada tells a retail success story: Canadian sleep retailer, Sleep Country, remains competitive with eCommerce disruptors by getting creative with their in-store experience and providing top shelf customer service.
- In an effort to protect its unique sleep technologies, BEDGEAR appointed a new Chief of Intellectual Property Counsel. Read the story from Sleep Retailer.
- This week saw coverage of several bed-in-a-box brands from multiple sources. We collected these stories here so you can read about Real Simple's eCommerce mattress brand, Real Sleep; check out a recent review of Leesa's memory foam mattress; skim more coverage of Allswell and give the product release news from Amore Beds a glance.
- Eclipse continues to grow its luxury sleep portfolio while maintaining sharp pricing and not compromising high-end components. Read the full story from Furniture Today.
- Spring Air International rejoins the International Sleep Products Association. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Facts
- This week just happens to be National Sleep Awareness Week. Learn more from the National Sleep Foundation.
- CNBC considers whether or not more technology is really the solution to all our tech-induced sleep issues in this article.
- Did you know that the inventor of the folding cabinet bed was an African American woman? Read more about Sarah Goode, an original pioneer of space-saving sleep technology in this article from Face2Face Africa.
- Is it a good idea to let your dog sleep in your bed? The New York Times explores the common household question in this piece from its Well Section.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.