The U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) recently announced that their Olympic Training Centers in Chula Vista, California and Colorado Springs, Colorado, will feature airweave bedding toppers. The installation of the toppers will help ensure quality sleep for American athletes who are aiming for gold in the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
"We are extremely proud of our ongoing relationship with the U.S. Olympic Committee and the incredible athletes they represent," said Mr. Motokuni Takaoka, CEO and president of airweave. "We look forward to our continued partnership, offering these Olympic hopefuls the rest and quality of sleep they need to be at the top of their game."
The top-selling premium bedding topper in Japan, airweave recently launched in the United States, with their first freestanding flagship store in New York City's SoHo district. The new store introduces U.S. consumers to the brand's luxury, innovative high performance bedding toppers, which are backed by ongoing sleep studies.
The U.S. Olympic Committee is the latest addition to a long list of users who turn to airweave to enhance their daily life and athletic performance, including:
• Several National Olympic Delegations including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33% of the medaling athletes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic Teams to which airweave supplied bedding toppers;
• Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters Champion Bubba Watson, and LPGA Tour star Paula Creamer; U.S. Olympic Gold medalist ice dancers, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and U.S. Olympian Ice Skater,Gracie Gold;
• Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave bedding toppers;
• Students at The Royal Ballet School in London where airweave mattress toppers have been introduced to their younger students at White Lodge dormitory;
• More than 500 students of IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave bedding toppers. (Sleep research has been conducted at the academy to measure the effect of airweave bedding toppers on individual athletic performance.);
• First and business class passengers of Japan Air Lines international flights;
• Guests at high-end hotels, such as Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, The Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street and Park Hyatt Shanghai
For more information, visit airweave.com.
About airweave: Founded in 2004 by President and CEO Motokuni Takaoka, airweave is one of the leading manufacturers of premium bedding toppers. airweave began when Mr. Takaoka took over his uncle's plastics company. Realizing that the plastic resins produced through an injection molding process had unique physical properties, Mr. Takaoka developed prototypes for an entirely new application that would revolutionize the bedding industry. The result was the airweave mattress topper, which features a state-of-the-art core material that consists of three-dimensional resin fibers that offer a higher level of comfort for the best quality sleep. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. Already a phenomenon in Japan, airweave has become a category leader nationally. In 2014, Mr. Takaoka brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales, and in February 2015, airweave opened their first flagship store in Manhattan's SoHo district.